Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Fashion: Punk Glam Grunge Rockabilly Goth

This is from Fashion Rocks 2006. First of all, I apologize profusely for the audio on this. The visuals are no better.... however, no geek has uploaded a better version of the clip on YouTube yet, and I don't know how to digitally grab from the television

Regardless, please know that while my intentions were good, my excitement so overwhelmed me that I would post anything, even tripe, for people to see what I found so uncontrollably compelling.

This clip is from the Fashion Rocks 2006 show last week--- I admit, I thought it pretty cool. I never thought I'd see a medley of literally all these in a fashion show. I think I loved it.

Funny moment: Watch for the long hair blond guy during the Grunge segment- he looks a little lost.



I know there's a high irony about the whole thing, but hearing the crowd cheering bananas for the grunge and the goth presentation cracked me up.

I'll keep looking for a better clip-- and does anyone know whose music they performed on the Goth segment of the show?

7 comments:

joy said...

I'm hearing London Calling by the Clash, and Rebel Rebel..sounds like a cover.

joy said...

Ok... now I'm hearing "Temple of Love by Sisters of Mercy at the end, but that sounds like a cover as well.

Pop Fantastic said...

JD!!! Sisters of Mercy!! I was going to guess the Mission's "Deliverance,' but a few strains into it, I knew it wasn't..Sisters of Mercy sounds about right though... I totally wish the clip was better quality.. I'm so sorry. I feel like I put a burnt steak in front of everyone.

joy said...

Oh no it looks fine, I'll add Temple of Love to my blog later on tonight... tell me if it's what you're lookin for, I'm almost positive it's the song on the clip.

Pop Fantastic said...

OMG, you're totally right... I'm such a retard. I have an excuse though--

actually, I really don't. I should have known that.

joy said...

We all forget...I finally addes the track tonight..just for you :)

Pop Fantastic said...

thank you!!!!